McCrae lighthouse is listed on the Victorian Heritage Register and is a prefabricated iron lighthouse manufactured by Chance Brothers of Birmingham, England. It was erected on the shore of Port Phillip Bay at McCrae in 1884. It is a rare example of an iron lighthouse and is largely intact. Our office has worked on the lighthouse for Mornington Peninsula Council over a number of years.
For this project we:
Wrote a conservation management plan and identified urgent repair works
Assisted Council prepare a scope of works for repairs
Prepared tender documents for specialist contractors and grant applications